Saturday 17 September 2011

Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder

Hello everyone, hope everyones doing well :)

So, the other week I picked up a few things from Superdrug and one of them was this:


I wasn't intending to buy this but I saw it and thought I might as well give it ago. I've never used a loose powder before so I didn't want to spend alot just incase I didn't like it. Plus you cant find a set answer to what's better out of loose or pressed powder on Google just because it's subjective and people prefer different things..

I also needed a new sheer/translucent powder as I've hit pan on some of mine. And I like colourless powders because I find colour matching powders to myself is just longg and plus I use it to set my foundation. Personally, I don't see much point in putting a coloured powder over your foundation...



So, if you unscrew the lid there's a rubbish quality powder puffs (which I don't use and I don't recommend using as it tends to make the powder cake on...) and one of those sieve type things to shake the powder out. I find these things slightly awkward to get the powder out but I've found my way. :P


I've noticed that a loose powder gives a bit more coverage than a pressed powder so I find it's best to be quite sparing with it if you don't want a too/proper matt finish. I prefer a little dewy/natural shine look (But not too shiny)

I do really like this product and it's well worth the price as it's only £2.99 for 20g. What a bargain? It's just a good product to use everyday just to set your foundation and get rid of shine.

But the only downfalls is that it doesn't last too long - probably around 2/3hours, then some shine comes back. But then again what powder keeps shine to a minimum for quite a long time? And another thing is that it can get a little messy as with all loose powders. I'd hate to sneeze or knock it the powder by accident - it would just go everywhere...

But other than that, it is worth it. This is perfect if you don't have a big budget to blow or you're unsure on loose powder and what to give it a trial first or something.

So yeah... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment