Friday 19 August 2011

Natural Collection Creamy Concealers

I don't really go to Boots as much as I go to Superdrug. Like most of my make up is from Superdrug. But occasionally I go into Boots for a quick browse. On one occasion when I was in there; I went to the Natural Collection stand. I've heard good things from this brand from youtube so I thought I'd give something a go.

Recently, I've moved away from using foundation. My skin has been behaving lately so I'm only needing to use concealer to cover up the imperfections. I was looking for a decent but reasonably priced concealer when I stumbled across these:


The writing has rubbed off slightly but it says Natural Collection.

I couldn't find a reason not for me to purchase one as they are only £1.99. So at first I bought the one in shade 'light'.

I used it for a couple of days and I was impressed with it but realised it was slightly too light for me, so I then went back to buy the one in 'medium'. But.. found that it's a tad too dark. I've been using them ever since I bought them, but I need to mix them to get the right shade for me.

I love the formulation. It's not too thick, dry or too watery - it's just right for a creamy concealer, it's easy and smooth to apply. Especially for the under eye area - you don't wanna be moving the skin too aggressively because its quite delicate.

The coverage is great also. I find it more effective if I blend it in using my fingers than using a brush. Just make sure your fingers are clean. There is an applicator for it though. Its like one of those lipgloss wand things:


I just dot it around where I need it and blend in.

I couple of things I don't like about it is that the product collects around the top of the wand as you can see in the picture. But you can just wipe it off with your finger and put it on your face.. Another thing is that, I think it only comes in two shades - the ones that I have in 'light' and 'medium' - but correct me if I'm wrong, they're the only ones I've seen on the stands. So if your lighter than the 'light' shade or darker than the 'medium' shade I don't think it's right for you - unless you mix it with something else..


However, I think overall this is a good product. It's nicely sized and will easily fit in your bag for touchups throughout the day. And how can you go wrong with it being under £2. I will defiantly be trying some other Natural Collection stuff and almost everything in it is under £2. I rate this product a 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment